But then my mom reminded me that everyone goes crazy in February, oddly that made me feel better.
We have had a rough go these days, Zane continues to wake up
Ben is not sleeping, I am not sleeping, but 2 energetic little boys are getting lots of sleep and are so excited in the morning to get their day started, we have a new strategy called "get your own breakfast" we leave out dishes and easily accessible muffins and cups of milk are poured and left in the fridge, we have about 50% success rate of them getting up eating and playing nicely until we drag ourselves out of bed, or Zane demands that we get up. The boys love being so grown up that they can get their own breakfast, especially Reid who likes to
Mostly we are just looking for things to make us laugh, this last week I have been reading through the Parenting; illustrated with crappy pictures archives, and found this entry particularly hilarious (Ben and I read it and laughed out loud until we had tears running down our face)
I feel exhausted and guilty and exhausted. I feel guilty that I don't take the boys outside on nice days, (funny I don't feel guilty about not cleaning up breakfast until after lunch) maybe I just want to go outside too... maybe that's why February drives us all crazy, we just need to go outside...
4 comments:
Amen. Amen. Amen.
Crazy February, I call it. Or, at least, that's what I'm going to call it from now on. Let's meet up next February somewhere hot, yes? ;) Or, just meet up for something hot to drink?
Hang in there. February is tough around here too. My baby was up 5 or 6 times a night until about a month ago (she's 15 months now). I thought it was teething but took her to the doctor to have her looked over. The doctor guessed acid reflux was waking her up. Gave us a prescription and she's like an entirely different kid. I wish I would have looked into it when she was 6 months old. Good luck to you!
Alysa, thanks for the advice, did she have any other symptoms?? I have just been living with the theory that he feel neglected during the day and he knows he has my undivied attention at night...
We knew she had reflux as a little baby because I would nurse, lay her down to sleep and then she would choke. It got scary a few times and I would have to pick her up and hit her on the back. Saw the doctor who recommended sleeping in a swing for a more upright position. Saw a pediatrician who said they only give medication if babies are vomiting and not gaining weight, so no meds. We put the swing in her room (didn't swing it) and she slept in there until she was about 7 or 8 months old (through the night consistently). I had to move her to a crib b/c she was able to sit up and I was worried she would fall out. That didn't go well, and of course it was during harvest. She also cut her first tooth around the same time. I thought she was over the reflux and it was just teething. This went on and on until after Christmas. I always assumed the problem was something else. Teething, or then she'd get a cold or an ear infection, or I weaned and I thought maybe it was the cow's milk. Looking back it seems obvious. When she was waking up in her crib 5 times a night she would always be screaming with tears in her eyes, probably in pain. She was crabby all day, wouldn't nap for more than 20 minutes at a time, wouldn't let me put her down or go to my husband and wasn't eating much. She was a little under weight at her one year check-up. She should have been 22 pounds (to triple her birth weight) but was only 20 pounds. The medication is called Ranidine and it just neutralizes the acid in the stomach. I know it's a long shot and I don't know his symptoms but I also know how hard it is to be you right now. Not sleeping is torture, especially as your baby gets older and you expect to get more rest, and when your husband is in the middle of a busy season. Might be worth looking into. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take care.
Post a Comment