11:15am: Ben comes in ,"hey are you busy I need you to take some broken tractor parts to John Deere" (the truck's air conditioning is defunct) "Oh and I need a lunch" So in 15mins I packed lunch for all 4 of us Bens : 2 breakfast sausages with jalapeno cheese and hot pepper jelly, ours Nutella, in tortillas, (low on groceries and ideas apparently) and the boys and I were off the the happiest place on earth... the John Deere store or as my nephew Addison calls it the Man Store. They happily ate there nutella roll-up in anticipation of all the tractors, balers, combines, lawn tractors etc. Excitement rises as we pass the red tractor store, yellow tractor store before finally the green tractors!!
Reid was so excited even to use the "John Deere" bathroom, they just ran back a forth from tractor to toys and back to the tractors, like they had never seen a tractor before (well these are all shiny and have show room lighting) The sales staff just laugh, I'm sure every little farm boy has the same reaction, I dropped the broken parts off and starts the challenge of dragging the boys from the equipment and getting them back into the truck, while Reid is running around saying "no thank you, no thank you" (he is one polite boy). And just like that we were on our way home.
This past weekend we were camping at our "lake" 15mins way. We have the best summer beach and camp ground, we spend most hot Sundays there. This was our first venture camping with just us and the boys, here are some pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment