We recently returned from our first "going somewhere warm without our children" holiday.. we spent 3 days traveling though snowstorms and (to quote the Chicago press) "bitter cold".
Stepping off the plane in Costa Rica was entering a new world, a warmer, sweeter smelling land.
we need this break so bad....
more than we could verbalize....
we spent the first few days sleeping and soaking all the newness in
we literally did nothing but eat and sleep
slowly something changed... we got into a rest rhythm
talking... laughing... reading... hiking...eating
marveling... thanksgiving... loving... feeding our souls
resting is hard work....
it requires digging...
digging though the layers of weariness...stress...busyness...
to find yourself...
and to be happy with what you find...
to remember why you love...
resting is easy on holidays...
the trick is find rest in our everyday life
so I return home, with hopes to fit rest into my life...
to remember who I am..
less busyness; more marveling...
to be thankful and remember why I love.


1 comment:
Beautiful pictures, Lisa!
Post a Comment