Holidays for me are a reason to cook a really fantastic meal....
valentines is no exceptions...
I am like that old granny shoving love down your throat!
I don't shy away from much in the kitchen and I really love to cook new things,
so last night: dungeness crab!!
We bought the crabs Thursday night, while in Brandon for the boys swimming lessons,
Ben terrified all 3 boys by putting a crab on the floor and letting it run towards them.....
they calmed down after we promised to kill the crab right way...
Reid came down a couple of times just to make sure the killing had actually happened...
we don't go out on dates around here much,
the closest resturants are about an hour away,
so we have learned from some wise friends to have the "after bedtime" date.
The trick to pulling this date off is to make your kids feel like they are getting something special:
hot dogs and chips,
(homemade chips. yummmmmm...)
and dessert the best brownies ever!
then off to bed.
after mulitple
"I need drink!!"
"I have to go pee"
"my flashlight needs batteries"
we finally sit for our meal
after all nothing says love and romance like dipping crab in butter and drinking wine...
in your sweat pants...
Happy Valentines Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment