Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Going on ... spring edition


this selfie thing...???

Back on February 2, Reid came home triumphantly...
"it will be an early spring this year mom!"
February 3, I had to explain to him why he still needed to wear his snowsuit....
We tried not to dash his hopes....
early springs are rare...
however.....this year....the groundhog was correct


 

 

I was feeling adventurous for spring break..
I decided to take the boys on a road trip to see some dear friends in Kenora Ont.  
I am not sure what I was thinking.... 
especially once we all had head colds and eye infections.... 
but some friends are worth it....

Unfortunately, we ended up cutting the Winnipeg portion of our trip short in order squeeze our 3rd and final doctor's appointment in before Easter....




Reid continues to spend his time reading, creating, writing... 
this boy is never bored...
most nights he complains that he hasn't had enough time to do all he wants to do...
don't we all...
rainbow loom is his currant obsession...




Dexter is loving school...
he tells me about all the kindergarten relationship drama...
soccer is his favorite thing right now...


Zane is a fullfedged threenager, those terrible twos have nothing on the threes...
He's favorite thing to do is playing in his kitchen...
and stealing food from grocery shopping in my kitchen...


The month of April has gone fast, I always get panicky in April...
all the winter things I haven't finished....
all the spring things coming soon....

 
Thankfully I belong to a wonderful group of women...
we call ourselves Farm Wives United ...

 

In preparations for seeding, we did a meal exchange...
I made lazy perogies
Layers of lasagna noodles...
bacon mashed potatoes and cottage cheese...
topped with onions and more bacon...

soul food...

I am as ready as I can be....

Bring on seeding....

No comments:

Post a Comment