Tuesday, 4 August 2015

seven things

I haven`t blogged for awhile so I have seven mini blogs to catch up.... 

1. Saying good bye:
When I was in elementary school two of my friend announced that they where moving away....
we cried every recess for days.....
guess what at 34 years old it is just as sad...
we started the summer with a string of going away parties

 





2. Grandparents:

Ben and I still have  two grandpa's and  four grandma's alive...
this summer we had the privileged of celebrating four of them...
three 85th birthdays and one 90th...

Ben`s Grandma and Grandpa at 85 with 63 years of marriage!

My Grandma...85 and living life to the fullest


Ben`s other grandma spent her 90th in the hospital...
the party still went on....
she just giggled `I can`t believe they are having a birthday party without me`


3. Family:

With all the celebrations going on we had back to back to back ....
of time with siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews and aunts and uncles....
what joy!





4. Garden:

My garden never ceases to inspire me...
year after year I still find it rewarded, frustrating, and beautiful...


 



 



5. Camping:

We have never regretted camping with our kids....
but man those early years were hard....
things have gone so much smoother this year and we anticipate lots of camping in our future..

 


 

 
Camping with good friends.... 6 boys is a lot of boys and a lot of fun

 

 







 







6. Biking:

We have been biking to the end of our lane every night...
and while we are down there we wave at cars and try to get semi`s to honk for us....

 


7. Art Camp:

My friend Christina and I ran an art camp this summer....
Christina is a trained art teacher....
I am not...
but in a small town I am qualified because I love art and kids ....






One last thing....
we attended the most amazing wedding this past weekend....
a wedding that inspired me to widen our circles ... 
that family can be anyone...
and the importance of taking risks in love...

I wish I had a picture of the brides but I got a good one of us....









2 comments:

N.D. Lang said...

I enjoyed this. Thanks. You are living an abundantly rich life. These are formative years for children; their memories will be indelible.

Lisa Joelle said...

Thanks Auntie... I hope soon we can see our Chartier family

Post a Comment