Monday, 16 November 2015

thirty-five

 


 My Word for the past year has be Listen ...

picking listen was noble however how does one actually become a better listener??

                      I don't know either....

but it stuck with me.... showing up in conversation... echoing in my mind

                                  listen

I am not sure if I have become a better listener but what I have learned is:
 to listen is more than hearing words;  it is to be changed by what the speaker is saying

          ... so really the hardest thing in the world....


besides the ambitious and impossible goal of being a good listener
I had other goals this year:


Buns!!
In January I asked for the best bun recipes and the winner is.... (sorry mom)....

 Karla's Mom's



I liked this recipe because I almost never follow recipes....
no matter how I tweaked it.... it turned out every time..

Exercise More!
again a bit vague...but I did it....
in the process I learned a lot about fitness and health
if you are interested in some good fitness info, follow these ladies on Facebook:
Go Kaleo, Mama lion Strong, Fitness reloaded.
Also I love my fitbit...
 I planed the perfect weekend to celebrate my 35th Birthday,  Friday night Ballet with Reid and friends and on Saturday an Art retreat with friend and fellow creative souls...

Friday night was interrupted by a terrorist attack in Paris,
I opened Instagram and saw this image by Jean Jullien  16 times in a row



12243032-10156185695635693-8962473270057554752-n.jpg

Art,
being shared around the world
to deal with tragedy,
death, sadness.
Art unites us.

ART is my word for my 35th year

my goals are:
to be in more pictures (I will need to master the selfie)
to write neater (like legibly with good spelling)
laugh and cry more, both equally important
learn to drive a farm implement 


thank you for all the texts, messages and happy birthdays,  I opened them on Saturday night when I got home and was completely over whelmed by receiving them all at once.... thanks for the love!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I think I can help you out with the laughing and crying part, when I get to Boissevain...I love you Lisa!

Post a Comment