Monday, 1 February 2016

bathroom renos {part 1}


I wouldn't recommend renovations during the holidays...
We started Mid-December and things went pretty smoothly...
from my perspective....
However, Ben was frustrated...
he thought we'd be done in 4 days... 
then it took him 5 days to put in the tub/shower...
he adjusted his expectations

Nothing in this bathroom is custom or fancy, we stuck to home depot or our local co-op for the majority of our purchases.  We saved the cabinetry which Creative Kitchens made 20 years ago, it was still in amazing condition so we painted it.  Creative Kitchens was also able to get us a nicer counter, quicker and cheaper than our quote from Home Depot.  

           (light from Canadian Tire)


I was so excited to finally use this hook, we found it in the basement a couple of years ago and I have been waiting for the perfect place for it, now it is a hand towel hook.

Being a mom of boys children, I am obsessed with easy to clean options,  
I love this toilet because it is modern with no nooks or cranny's to collect...uh...dust..
also it is a well designed dual flush so everything get flushed properly (don`t buy cheap toilets!!)   Also note the easy to clean tile....
(picture frame Urban Barn, more permanent pictures to come)

(shower curtain Ikea)

Our floor is duraceramic (from turtle mountain appliance), it was a little more than we wanted to spend but very durable and warm to the touch unlike ceramic tiles.


I am so happy with how it has turned out.
 our first go at renovation was a success,
 I don`t think we even had a big fight,  
Ben let me make all the decision about looks, he made all the decisions about installation.   
I have a friend who has impeccable taste, I was in her bathroom the other day and I realize I had completely stole her design, mine just has a rainbow explosion in it...
colorful is my style....


No comments:

Post a Comment