Thursday, 4 August 2016

currently

Hello, it is me...  I have changed a few things around here and have hopefully inspired myself enough to give this blogging thing another go....

Currently:

three things I know to be true about myself:

1) My hand are always dirty {dough, dirt or art supplies}
2) I will always say something obnoxious and/or embarrassing  no matter how much I have to drink
3) My love language is making things,  either food or art.  In fact I have a lasagna rule,  I always make 2 and find someone to give the other too.... someone always needs a lasagna


Listening to:
Hannah Georgas: Evelyn
this is such a great album,  it is full of love songs to her Grandmother,  all the tension and emotion that goes along with those inter-generational relationships

Reading:
Her Royal Spyness Mysterys by Rhys Bowen
a really fun light hearted series, perfect for reading on the deck or at the lake

Making in the Kitchen:

French 75 cocktail that I am trying to copy from Spoon and Stable (in Minneapolis)


It starts with a Thyme lemon simple syrup:
2 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
peel the rind of a lemon and a huge bunch of thyme

bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute or so, then leave to cool for 6 hours or over night, then chill.

**DO NOT trip while walking to the fridge, bumping the lid off and pouring the whole jar under and around your fridge, you will be mopping your sticky floor for all eternity.**


to make the cocktail:

1oz lemon thyme simple syrup
1oz lemon juice
1oz gin
3 oz sparking white wine
3 ice cubes and a lemon slice for garnish

{ready for girls night}



 Making in my studio (AKA the desk in the corner of my dinning room):

{I made this for my dear friends Peter and Jessy,  Karla Danae Letters added:  "Cooking is the art of turning food into culture"  I forgot to take a final picture}


I also have been working really hard at not sucking at hand lettering

My biggest obstacle  to hand lettering is I get so focused on trying to make nice letters that I completely forget how to spell....


Anticipating:
 Looks like harvest will be starting next week,  harvest is always so full of fun and stress, beauty and frustration.  I've tried really hard this year to say no to somethings so that we I am not so stressed out.  The boys have one more round of swimming lesson, hopefully some play dates and bumming around at the lake.

LJH



1 comment:

bri and shawn said...

I miss you and your clan!!! Any chance a post-harvest trip to Vancouver Island is in the cards?? ;) xo B

Post a Comment