ahhh... what do I write? should I aim for funny, witty, clever, serious (no never!). why am I blogging, well everyone else is... if everyone told you too... ok, well I want to tell my story. I am hoping to write about what life, marriage, motherhood and food (!!) is about for a city girl (well OK, a suburb girl) on the farm. so here we are: Ben, Lisa, Reid and Dexter
here is where we live (or will live in 8 weeks)
yesterday we had a strong south wind and Reid was playing with his large but rather light ball, when the wind picked it up and carried it over the fence, down the hill and straight towards our pond. so I did what any mother would do, I hopped the fence in my flip flops, and ran (uh slipped), dodged cow pies/rocks, scrap metal, mini creeks and all sorts of other delightful surprises until I reached the ball which had calmly come to rest a few feet before the pond. now you see a more experienced farm woman would have calmly returned to the house to put on rubber boots, but that's not how I roll...


1 comment:
Hi Lisa
Your Mom told me about your blog and having started blogging myself, recently I thought I would follow along with yours. Your mom always has lots of wonderful things to say about you and your family. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do. You might find the following link interesting. Does the woman in the picture look familiar...how about the quilt? http://www.thequiltingedge.com/2011/04/fired-up-long-arm.html
Marianne Haak
Post a Comment