My goal in parenting boys is to tire them out. Rainy days pose a challenge, this week we have taken cushions off the couch and jumped from cushion to cushion.
The boys also like plyaing "farm", they both will spend many minutes a day at the barn, Reid is all about the tractor and moving bales, or combining, but Dex is all about the animals. We all start going cooky after awhile and eventually I give in and we watch movies (really that is all anybody wants to do on a rainy day)
For Ben, the seasons of farming are engraved in his soul. Not being able to get on the land is tough on him, all of us really. We have so much to be thankful for, our land is not sitting under an overflowed river, but it is hard to have "nothing" to do. I have heard farmers say rain is better than no rain, they have seen it all, they know even though we've had so much rain this year, we could easily have drought next year, so they remain optimistic. I'm still new at this and trying hard not to be stressed out ... one must be an optimist or crazy to farm, I am don't think I'm the optimist...


2 comments:
I so remember cushion jumping. As soon as Mom & Dad left the house and the babysitter was over, the cushions were on the floor and we were off!
Nice fences Reid.
I was stir-crazy this week too, with the wind and rain and cold, and I am in the city. I guess the country-ness in me still kicks in, cuz I don't leave the house much, even tho' I could.
I love reading your posts, it helps me feel closer to you. love you!
Post a Comment